Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wed Him Before You Bed Him by Sabrina Jefferies


If you haven’t read this book, you may not want to read the review as it does contain a few spoilers.
Mrs. Harris, headmistress of The School For Heiresses, tells her pupils to “wed him before you bed him. “ Does she follow her own advice? The answer is found in Wed Him Before You Bed Him which is the last book in Sabrina Jeffries’ School for Heiresses series and it does not disappoint. It certainly deserves the 4 ½ stars awarded by Romantic Times.
As I have read this series and wondered who Cousin Michael really is, I was not totally surprised to find out that it is Lord Kirkwood. I was so glad that it was not Charles Godwin! What we didn’t know was the history between Charlotte and David. Once I found out so early in the book the real identity of Cousin Michael I had this feeling that I wanted to be able to tell Charlotte and of course could not. There were so many times that I wanted to shake either Charlotte or David and say tell the truth now or don’t you see what is really going on. I really felt a connection to these two characters.
I loved both Charlotte and Michael and enjoyed seeing their relationship grow and change. While there were important secondary characters the story really focused on Charlotte and David. Would Charlotte be able to accept David's offer of help and would David understand Charlotte's need to exert some control over her life? How would Sarah react when she finally found out the identity of Cousin Michael?

While we already knew, from the last book, that Sarah, Lord Kirkwood’s wife and a former student of Charlotte’s had killed herself, I was really surprised to have her death come back to haunt them.
I thought the mystery surrounding Sarah’s death was well done with a surprising conclusion. It was that event that really brought Charlotte and David closer and showed what a strong individual Charlotte really was. She was able to overcome a very strong fear in order to save someone she loved.
This was a wonderful end to a great series. I am looking forward to Jeffries next offering. What will it be and when?

No comments:

Post a Comment