Thursday, May 28, 2009

June and July Are Looking Good For Romance Novels!


I always like to look forward to see what new books are coming out and it looks June and July will bring us a bonanza of good books. We all have our favorite authors so this post will contain many of mine but feel free to chime in and add some of yours. I also will mention first authors as I think we all need to give them a chance as they could become our favorites as time goes on.


June releases


  • Mary Balogh finishes her Huxtable Series with Seducing an Angel


  • Sabrina Jeffries comes out with another in her School for Heiress Series, Don't Bargain With The Devil which was reviewed on this blog on April 28th.


  • Eloisa James book, This Duchess of Mine, continues the Desperate Duchess series.


  • Sherry Thomas (I love her books!) writes Not Quite a Husband.


  • Elizabeth Thornton has a paranormal (not my favorite genre but I do like her) The Scot and I.


  • Johanna Lindsey's Victorian Romance, A Rogue of Her Own, comes out June 16.


  • Lavinia Kent (first novel! Give it a try!) debuts with A Talent For Sin. It received 4 1/2 stars in Romantic Times.


This is just a sampling of the June releases. There are many, many more so check out your favorite bookstore.



July Releases (This looks to be a banner month!)



  • Loretta Chase (Yea! One of my favorites! She is an automatic buy for me.) comes out with Don't Tempt Me.


  • Galen Foley's latest Regency is My Wicked Marquess.


  • Sabrina Jeffries concludes her School for Heiresses series with Wed Him Before You Bed Him. In this book we finally find out who Cousin Michael is if you haven't already guessed!


  • Amanda Scott's story, set in 1374 Scotland, should be a winner! It is Tamed By A Laird.


  • Lorraine Heath's book Surrender to the Devil actually has a release date of June 30.


  • Mary Jo Putnet begins a new series, The Lost Lords, with Loving a Lost Lord.


  • Julia Quinn (One of my all time favorites) pens a sequel to The Secret Diary of Miranda Cheever which will be Olivia Bevelstoke's story titled What Happened in London.


  • Terri Brisbin writes another of her medieval romances The Conqueror's Lady.

There are so many more coming out in these two months. I will need to save my pennies for trips to Borders!

No comments:

Post a Comment