Friday, May 22, 2009

The Old is New!

Yes, I have decided to make one blog (http://gigisthoughtsandideas.blogspot.com/) for my liberal leaning poltical thoughts and make one for my romance reading and reviews (http://gigisromancereviews.blogspot.com/) This should make it easier for folks to follow. I have imported my reviews from the other blog into this one and will be adding more soon.
The photo I am using in my profile is taken of me in Inverness, Scotland at Culloden Field. I am kneeling by the Fraser Grave stone there. Diana Gabaldon has written the most intriguing, romantic and historical series. There is so much depth to her writing. Her Outlander series which now numbers 6 books telling the story of Claire and Jamie Fraser beginning with Outlander. The next book in the series is An Echo In The Bone is eagerly awaited by thousands of readers. The new book is due out in September 2009.

After reading the series it was my dream to visit the area where they lived and traveled in Scotland. I was able to live that dream due to the wonderful friends that I traveled with. It was a beautiful day when my friends and I arrived at Culloden. As we passed many of the clan's markers it was so exciting to finally come to the Fraser marker. It was an extremely moving time for me as I felt and still feel that Jamie and Claire are a part of my family.

I hope you enjoy this blog as I share my readings with you.

1 comment:

  1. Have you listened to the audiobooks recorded by Davina Porter?

    ReplyDelete